Meet the Team
Wonder Puppy trainers are nationally Certified Professional Dog Trainers-Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA) by the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) and members of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT). The APDT promotes the importance of continued education, science-based training techniques, and the use of ethical training and business practices.
At Wonder Puppy, our trainers are committed to creating positive results through a positive process. We like to think of ourselves as your personal puppy parenting coaches. Not only can we show you and your puppy how to work together, we can help you to navigate all of the ups and downs of puppyhood... in a way that works for you!
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology, focus in Ethology
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed
- Director of Curriculum for Whole Dog Academy
- Professional Member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Four-time top ten winner of the Spot Magazine's Best in the Biz Awards
- Speaker at APDT Chile National Conference (2014, 2015)
- Speaker at APDT USA National Conference (2012, 2013)
- TV host for animal shelter reality TV show, Animal House
- Featured dog trainer for TLC Series, Little People Big World
- Interviewed on KGW Channel 8 and KPTV Fox12 news
- Featured in stories for the Oregonian and La Opinion
- Set Trainer for the IFC series, Portlandia
- National Winner of the APDT Dr Robert Curan NewTrix Award (2011)
- Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Primary Level TAGteach Certificate from TAGteach International
Training has always been a passion of Anyssa’s and she currently is working towards her CDPT-KA certification and many others! Anyssa lives in Gresham with her new rescue pup, a brindle lab mix named Hercules, where she practices Wonder Puppy techniques to teach him how to be a good boy in his new home.
- Bachelor of Arts – Conflict Resolution and History
- Ph.D. Politics and International Relations
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed *pending
- Pet First Aid/CPR Certificate PetTech
Specialities include: Socialization, Basic Skills, Leash Reactivity, Anxiety/Fearfulness, Separation Anxiety, Active dogs, Human-Dog teamwork
Christina started her dog training career in 2008 by mentoring with Casey Newton, founder of Wonder Puppy. Over a period of four years, Christina helped build WP into the successful business it is today! In 2014, Christina took a hiatus to train and exercise dogs through her own business, PDX Dog Quest, and now she is thrilled to be back at Wonder Puppy which she considers to be her training home. At WP, Christina enjoys leading group classes, playgroups, and private lessons. She also sits on the Board of Directors and teaches future dog trainers in their Dog Trainers Certificate Program for Whole Dog Academy, a local non-profit dedicated to improving the human-canine bond. When Christina isn't training dogs, this Pacific Northwest Native can be found hiking, doing yoga, and frolicking with her two rescues, Clyde an old soul Shepherd Mix, and Nora a feisty Aussie Mix.
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer- Knowledge Assessed
- Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Wonder Puppy Program Certificate
- Board Member - Whole Dog Academy
- Professional Teacher - Whole Dog Academy
- Pet First Aid/CPR Certificate - American Red Cross
- Voted top 10 dog trainer in Portland by Spot Magazine (2012/13)